Excited to announce my online shop at Etsy. Please take a moment to take a look, more items coming soon.
This is California White Sage. Ancient Native Cultures used plants as a way to clear out demons and bad energy. Not only does sage spiritually clear the air, it literally cleans the air. A paper published in this periodical, “Medicinal smoke reduces airborne bacteria,” found that the research concluded that, in addition to health benefits, smudging was a powerful antiseptic.
“We have observed that 1h treatment of medicinal smoke emanated by burning wood and a mixture of odoriferous and medicinal herbs (havan sámagri=material used in oblation to fire all over India), on aerial bacterial population caused over 94% reduction of bacterial counts by 60 min and the ability of the smoke to purify or disinfect the air and to make the environment cleaner was maintained up to 24h in the closed room. Absence of pathogenic bacteria Corynebacterium urealyticum, Curtobacterium flaccumfaciens, Enterobacter aerogenes (Klebsiella mobilis), Kocuria rosea, Pseudomonas syringae pv. persicae, Staphylococcus lentus, and Xanthomonas campestris pv. tardicrescens in the open room even after 30 days is indicative of the bactericidal potential of the medicinal smoke treatment. We have demonstrated that using medicinal smoke it is possible to completely eliminate diverse plant and human pathogenic bacteria of the air within confined space.
I am convinced that the ancient Neolithic Magdalenian Culture already understood these principles and adhered to them. Neolithic Shamans were Masters at using plants and herbs to manage their energies. Start honoring your Neolithic spiritual heritage by starting with some simple White Sage Burning.
- Start your ritual by drumming or playing drumming music. Idea would be a calm outdoor setting, connecting to the earth as much as possible, if not simply choose a safe comfortable spot to start meditating.
- Prepare a charcoal disk and place a few leaves of Sage onto disk.
- Use a Feather to fan the smoke around the ritual area.
- Focus on the Root at the base of the spine and close your eyes. See what images come before you, possibly some ancestors.
- Enjoy the calming energy.